The SMOKEJET is a louvred ventilator for natural ventilation and smoke and heat extraction. It is a maintenance-free, compact and lightweight unit available with a variety of control options and finishes suiting all industrial and most commercial applications. The ventilator side panels are reinforced by internal longitudinal sections. The unit is made from corrosion-resistant aluminium alloy, AlMg3. The louvres are controlled by a pneumatic cylinder fitted with special permanent lubrication or by an electric motor. In the event of fire the thermal release system triggers automatically and independently of all other control mechanisms. The louvre blades can be made of glass, polycarbonate or aluminium. Due to the variable unit dimensions and the adaptor flange range, the SMOKEJET can be easily installed in all customary roof and wall constructions, also as a natural ventilation and smoke extraction system. Additionally, the SMOKEJET can be fitted with insect screens.
Field of application
- Flat roofs
- Skylight systems
- Northlight roofs
The SMOKEJET complies with DIN EN 12101-2 and VdS 2159 (depending on the specification). The EC declaration of conformity is delivered with the product.
- Ideal for use on Northlight roofs and roofs with an inclination of 30° to 90°, as well as in walls
- Individual customization for all roof openings up to 5.71 m2
- Suitable for everyday ventilation (full ventilation at a louvre position of 90°)
- Only one drive per unit necessary
- The pneumatic or electric drive is completely hidden inside the frame
- Only one control cable necessary
- Good aerodynamic efficiency
- Channels in the louvre blades conduct rainwater into a lateral drainage channel and prevent it from entering the building
- Individually adaptable to all types of buildings
- Energy-saving natural lighting, which is glare-free when using softlite polycarbonate or LumiraTM-filled panels (light incidence from above is five times more effective than through side windows)
- All consoles are produced from high-strength castings
- Hail-and fall-through-proof depending on the specification
- Powder coating allows for individual choice of colours
- Plinth mounting using tension locks – no drill holes needed
- Fire-resistance rating A1 (depending on the specification)
- Low maintenance
- The products contain no harmful materials and can be recycled
A1 – single-skin aluminium louvre blade
A2 – double-skin aluminium louvre blade
PC – polycarbonate louvre blade
GL – single-skin LSG glasslouvre blade
The units can be produced in all widths and defined lengths up 1,926 x 2,966 mm. The length results from the width of the individual louvre blades: 133 mm (Length = number of louvre blades x 133 mm + 40 mm for the frame).
By the use of sealing brushes or EPDM gaskets the leakage of warm air is reduced to a minimum. Louvre pivots are made of aluminium resting in UV resistant nylon sleeves.
Subject to locality and requirements the most suitable version can be chosen with regard to different:
Flanges can be broadened beyond their maximum size, but have to be requested. However, shortening the flange more than its indicated minimum width is not possible at all. Lengthening the flanges by 1000 mm (500 mm per side) is possible, but again only on request.